Virginian

Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia. -- George Pickett

Monday, August 01, 2005

Google Books

Check this out: I googled the word "Virginian" to make sure that I had not misspelled it (the Blogger spell-check does not seem to be working for me; another downside to not using Internet Explorer) and I found this. It is the beta test of Google Print, which allows a web user to search books. As you can see from the link, it contains a full, scanned, print version of the novel "The Virginian," which I have never read. When you click the "next page" button it takes you to the next page; however it seems to stop after about 3 pages. I'm sure this is to encourage you to buy the book (links are provided). However, you can also just type in the page number you want and get the next batch of pages. I did not try to do it, but I think I could read the whole book online. Wow.

About Google Print (contains an FAQ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home