Virginian

Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia. -- George Pickett

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Safety and Smith Mountain Lake

My job usually involves defending people who are sued in personal injury cases. From long years of litigating such cases I have become interested in safety and accident prevention. So when I see an article like this it makes me want to publicize it. It looks like the couple who were killed were very fine people. According to this article, the person who was driving the other boat was convicted of reckless operation of a boat and eluding police just last year. Smith Mountain Lake is very dangerous; it is crowded, a lot of the boaters are drunk, and injuries around and in water have a lot more potential for death than other injuries. I know the view is nice on the lake, but I'll stay on shore whenever I visit.

EDIT: Check out the message board posts about the lake on the Roanoke Times website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home