Virginian

Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia. -- George Pickett

Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Good Letter to the Editor

Friend of the Virginian and this blog's first and only contributor (here's the post) Peter Vieth wrote a high-quality letter to the editor in today's Roanoke Times. Thanks to the Times' 1997-era website, you to scroll down-- its the third letter, entitled "Kilgore Casts Aspersions on Entire Defense Bar." The letter is concise and well written and correct in my view. I have never defended a non-vehiclar "criminal," and I haven't ever done a significant amount of criminal defense; so I'm not a criminal defense lawyer-- but I still think Peter is right on the money.

1 Comments:

Blogger Virginian said...

Comment received via email from Peter Vieth:

Mark:

I wanted to thank you for your kind words about my letter to the editor. Much appreciated.

Now I know another reason blogs are so appealing. I waited two weeks for the paper to print my letter. If I used a blog, maybe fewer folks would see my writings, but at least I could publish it immediately.

Anyway, in the light of public debate over judging lawyers by their clients, my interest was piqued by this story today out of Richmond:


http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128767804620


It seems that a city councilman/lawyer is taking heat because he’s representing a head case who exposes himself in public, when the defendant was accused of doing it in the councilman’s district. He’s now torn between advocating for his client and pressing his constituents’ cause for protection from the creep.



Peter D. Vieth, Esq.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home