Virginian

Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia. -- George Pickett

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Rubber Soul at 40

The Beatles' album Rubber Soul was released in December of 1965, 40 years ago. (US release 12-6-65). Rubber Soul is clearly one of the top 10 records ever released; and it is not even the best Beatles record. I came to the Beatles late and did not comprehend their greatness until after the CDs came out in 1987; since the CDs are configured with the British track order I'm a little repulsed by the US/Capital version of Rubber Soul that opens with "I've Just Seen a Face" instead of "Drive My Car," the greatest opening track on any album ever recorded (and I LOVE "I've Just Seen a Face", incidentally).

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Revolver is indeed the greatest Beatles album. One of my favorites of all-time, and I don't even consider myself a huge Beatles fan!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home