Virginian

Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia. -- George Pickett

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Appalachian School of Law and Guns

I was in Grundy today and I had a few spare moments; I walked over and took a look at the very nice facility of the Appalachian School of Law. The school has several memorials to the victims of the shootings there in 2002; the victims were Dean Anthony Sutin, Professor Tom Blackwell, and student Angela Dales.

The ASL shooting has become something of a flashpoint in the gun rights movement. Here is a representative article laying out the pro-gun side of the story, which was later picked up by anti-liberal media crusader Bernard Goldberg and pro-gun writer John R. Lorr Jr. (link). I had not seen the story rebutted until I read this letter in today's Roanoke Times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Bishop said...

I was living in Hurley (very near Grundy) at the time. Like you, the account in the Roanoke Times letter section was the first and only account I've heard that differs from the accounts reported in the Virginia Mountaineer at the time, as well as the Goldberg and Lott reports.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home