Virginian

Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia. -- George Pickett

Friday, August 05, 2005

Wikipedia to tighten editorial rules

According to the founder of Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia is going to crack down on vandalism. In my post about my wikipedia entry, I noted that anybody (I think I said "any idiot") can change a wikipedia post. From the article: "Citing a recent example of vandalism, Wales recalled how following the election of the new Pope Benedict in April, a user substituted the pontiff's photo on the Wikipedia site with that of the evil emperor from the Star Wars film series." It will be interesting to see how this kind of thing gets stopped, or if it can get stopped. Here's a slashdot thread on the crackdown-- as I post, it is just getting underway, but I expect it will be good, and funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home