Virginian

Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia. -- George Pickett

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Videogames and the Over Thirty Set

This is an article about a couple of thirtysomething Slate writers who play xbox live. It is an interesting piece-- since I use computers and keep up with tech news, I read about games, but I dont have any time to actually play them. One of the authors notes that "I think Xbox Live is as culturally significant as [HBO, America Online, or TiVo]. It's being adopted more quickly than critical darling TiVo, which started up in 1997 and only this year hit 3 million users." I found the parts about trading insults with nine year olds kind of disturbing. I'm sure that, as always, most parents are blissfully unaware of what their kids are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home