Virginian

Up men to your posts! Don't forget today that you are from old Virginia. -- George Pickett

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Linking to itunes

This is a test of a direct link to itunes. It links to the new Rolling Stones single. I hope to be able to link directly to itunes when discussing music-- I find such a link to be a whole lot less disruptive than an Amazon link to a page that may or may not contain a song sample. For example, in one of my posts last week I recommended that you go to itunes to download the original "New York" versions of Tangled up in Blue and Idiot Wind. Now I can send you there if you want to go. Interestingly, last week I spent an hour or so trying to figure out how to direct link in this manner, and I read all sorts of horribly complicated explantions; then this morning I right-clicked on a song in itunes and it gave me the option to "copy itunes music store URL."

By the way; I'd be interested to know if itunes as ubiquitous as I think it is-- comment if you dont have it or use it.

EDIT: The test worked-- the links work well, although they do gin up some security precautions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home